Sunday, September 10, 2017

In the Mood for a DVD?

On a rainy, do-nothing-Saturday, I spent the day hanging out at home with plenty of snacks, lots of sweet tea, and some new DVDs.



Here are several that you might want to consider adding to your "to be viewed" list!


The Founder



The true story of how Ray Kroc (Michael Keaton) met Mac and Dick McDonald and worked to create a burger empire.

FMI, https://www.amazon.com/Founder-Michael-Keaton/dp/B01LTIAQEG/



Loving


In 1958, in the state of Virginia, the idea of interracial marriage was not only considered to be immoral to many, it was also illegal. When Richard (Joel Edgerton, Black Mass) and Mildred (Ruth Negga, World War Z) fall in love and marry, they are arrested. The couple take their case all the way to the Supreme Court in their fight for the right to love, and for justice.




Fences



Based on the Broadway play by August Wilson, a 1950s working-class African-American man (Denzel Washington), who once dreamed of becoming a major league baseball player, attempts to come to terms with the events of his life. 




The Shack



Based on THE NEW YORK TIMES best-selling novel, THE SHACK takes us on a father's spiritual journey that will help him find the truth about love, loss, and forgiveness.

FMI, https://www.amazon.com/Shack-DVD-Sam-Worthington/dp/B06ZY6F9GX/


Have a great week, Everyone!



(photo c/o facebook.com/snoopy)

12 comments:

  1. We've seen them all on our afternoon "matinee dates" except for "Shack." We watch a lot of movies since we have Netflix. We so seldom watch commercial TV except for sports and the news. Oh, and PBS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After seeing Denzel Washington's performance, I was disappointed that he didn't win the Oscar. Thanks for visiting, Vonnie.

      Delete
  2. I saw two of these movies and thpught outstanding. Maybe we'll have rain soon and I can watch the others or read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I let the DVDs pile up and save them for a "rain day" or "snow day" marathon. Thanks, Vicki, for stopping by today.

      Delete
  3. These are all good choices. I love a rainy afternoon and a good movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already started my "to buy" list for the next rain (or snow) day. Thanks for stopping by, Kim.

      Delete
  4. I watched The Founder & couldn't decide how I felt about it. Sure, Kroc was a scammer, but the McDonalds brothers were at fault too, Do you have an opinion?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morgan, my opinion of The Founder was the same as yours! I gave my sister a critique and use expressed the same opinion. Thank you for stopping by today.

      Delete
  5. You had some sweet tea, huh? Was that a subliminal suggestion from my Summerville SC post about tea? (lol) Nothing wrong with movie watching, which I've been doing a lot too much of on Netflix lately. I saw The Shack a little while ago and cried like a baby because it was just so dang good. I also love Michael Keaton, and as always, he was brilliant in the Founder. I felt quite sad about how some that went down. Happy Monday! By the way, I'm way behind on blog responses, but I plan to catch up this week. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, actually, the sweet tea was powder out of a box and on sale that week (smile!). Like you, I love Michael Keaton. He's fantastic in every role he tackles. After all these years, I'm still disappointed that he didn't get an Oscar for "Clean and Sober." Thanks, RO, for visiting.

      Delete
  6. I LOVED LOVING! I watched a documentary with the real Loving couple and I cannot believe how uncanny the actors are with their portrayal. It's amazing. And such an amazing story. I love how love did conquer in that movie. Just loved that movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't too familiar with the Loving actors, but they were fantastic! Thanks, Red, for visiting.

      Delete