Sunday, August 20, 2017

Head to the "Jersey Shore..."

Since my birthday is in August, while I was growing up my dad would always take my birthday week as our family vacation. Living in Philadelphia, the most natural place for vacation was one of the many New Jersey beach resorts.




I included the New Jersey "shore" (as we call it in Philly) in my short story "Burgers and Hot Chocolate" for the Winter Wonders anthology, and in my novel, Magic Moment. Although the name of the town I penned, "Magic Lake Island," was fictional, inspiration came from childhood retreats in Wildwood and Cape May. 

Here are several of my favorite "shore" spots.




Wildwood



Best Boardwalk! You can sit with a treat and "people watch" for hours...



Cape May


The southern tip of New Jersey beach resorts.


Ocean City



Best Day Trip Destination...a simple hop, skip, and a jump from Philly.


FMI, check out the following websites:

www.wildwoodnj.org

www.capemay.com

www.ocnj.us


Have a great week, Everyone!


(photos c/o facebook.com/snoopy,
 facebook.com/dowildwood,
 facebook.com/CapeMayCity,
 facebook.com/OceanCityNJVacation)

13 comments:

  1. I need to be at one of those beaches right now Angela, and eating some yummy salt water taffy. Hope you had a great time and thanks for sharing the pics. Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today's weather made for a great beach day, too! Thanks, RO, for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday you, Angela! Through you and places you highlight, I get to experience the East Coast. All coasts are so far from me. Hugs, vb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's lots to see and enjoy on the East Coast, Vicki! Thanks for visiting today.

      Delete
  3. I love the Jersey shore. We either stay in Ocean City or Wildwood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This past weekend was a great beach weekend, too. Thanks, Kim, for visiting!

      Delete
    2. We have to go to NJ for a celebration of life in September and just booked two days at the shore. I am looking forward to a bright spot in the visit.

      Delete
    3. If the humidity is low, September is one of the best times to be there! Enjoy!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, Happy Birthday, Angela!!! I'm wishing you the best year ever!!! And thank you for sharing pictures of Jersey Shore! I've always wanted to go. It looks so great! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your good wishes, Red! Please put a visit to the Jersey shore on your "to do" list. Thanks for visiting today.

      Delete
  5. Neat birthday memories and wishing you well for this latest one. I've not spent much time on the East coast shores, but I have a few favorite beaches in my home state of California.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your good wishes! One of these days I have to try out those California beaches (smile). Thanks so much for visiting today!

      Delete