Sunday, March 12, 2017

Do You Take "Me" Time?


One morning this week, during my bus ride to the "day job," I couldn't help but overhear the conversation taking place between the two women who were sitting behind me. 




From their dialogue, I concluded they were neighbors. Although each had different jobs, and different bus stops, they apparently waited on their corner and rode together every morning. As the bus approached a stop, one of the women prepared to exit. Her companion said to her, "I won't see you tomorrow. I'm taking the day off to pamper myself for my birthday." 

She went on the explain that she was spending the day at a popular spa getting a mani/pedi/massage/facial and then treating herself to lunch. She named a very high end Philly restaurant. She said her sister had asked to join her, and she replied, "No, this is my day for me. I want to enjoy it by myself." 

During what was left of my ride, I thought about how once in a while, I take an hour or two for "me." A walk through Philly's historical district, or along East Passyunk Avenue with a stop at one of its great bistros is my idea of "pamper me time." I never considered taking an entire day, or spending as much money, as this woman apparently planned on spending. 

But the concept of such lavish indulgence intrigued me. So, I ask you, Readers. Do you take time to "pamper" yourself? And, if so, how?????

Have a good week, Everyone!


(photo c/o cheriedurbin@morgueFile.com)

8 comments:

  1. I get a pedi once a month, not high end..but mid. It is my me time and I enjoy it. Of course, when the children were small and the budget was tight, I never indulged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What counts is that you're doing something for "you!" Thanks, Kim, for visiting.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. But, I have a feeling while you're napping, you're dreaming of the characters in our current WIP (smile). Thanks for stopping by, Vonnie.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Angela! I haven't had a me day at the spa in a long while, but I really need one. Sometimes, I'll drive to a local antique mall and go exploring, then stop for a hamburger on the way home. Sometimes, I'll go to a movie I want to see and buy buttered popcorn. Sometimes, perusing ETSY for a new handbag is a great timeout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, for you, a handbag is how you're "good to you." Thanks, Vicki, for visiting.

      Delete
  4. I always consider a pedicure a luxury, but I usually enjoy doing these things with my daughter or a friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gives you time to chat and catch up. Thanks for stopping by, Morgan!

      Delete