Sunday, March 5, 2017

Catching Up on DVDs...

Rainy -- or snowy -- days are a great opportunity to catch up on my DVD watching. A recent dismal weather day in Philly had us seeing a rain/snow mix. A trail of DVDs and non-stop hot chocolate makes me forget how miserable it is outside my window.




I'm always happy to share my recent choices with you (and their Amazon links)!




"Sully"


In January, 2009, Captain “Sully” Sullenberger (Tom Hanks) glided his disabled plane onto the frigid waters of the Hudson River, saving the lives of all 155 aboard. Only, that's just the beginning of the story.

Amazon Buy Link:

https://www.amazon.com/Sully-DVD-Tom-Hanks/dp/B01LBWHQ70/



"Pete's Dragon"



A mysterious 10-year-old boy, Pete, turns up, claiming to live in the woods with a giant green dragon.

Amazon Buy Link:

https://www.amazon.com/Petes-Dragon-Bryce-Dallas-Howard/dp/B01I0RFMO8/



'Eight Days A Week: The Touring Years!"




Two hours with The Beatles...reminded me how much I miss them...


Amazon Buy Link:

https://www.amazon.com/Eight-Days-Week-Touring-Years/dp/B01NA7F5E2/



Have a great week, Everyone!



(photo c/o facebook.com/snoopy)

12 comments:

  1. Calvin and I enjoyed "Sully" too. We had no clue of all this hero went through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plus, Sully starred one of my favorite actors, Tom Hanks! Thanks, Vonnie, for visiting today!!

      Delete
  2. I've been meaning to watch Sully. Another true story DVD you might like is Deepwater Horizon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Deepwater Horizon" -- I have to put that on my "TBW" (To Be Watched) list. Thanks, Morgan!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Rainy/Snowy days always help with "movie time." Thanks for stopping by, Vicki!

      Delete
  4. Like you, I'm a serious DVD watcher. In fact, I collect them, and have been known to watch them over and over again. I've been wanting to see Sully and Pete's Dragon. Nothing like watching a good movie, along with a quick nap when the weather is yucky outside. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few that I watch over and over again -- especially if it's a rainy day, and I have nothing new to watch. "You've Got Mail," "The Way We Were," and "E.T." to name a few. Thanks, RO, for visiting!

      Delete
  5. I would enjoy watching Sully. It takes me forever to see movies. I rarely go to the movies and always end up curled up with a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely go to the movies, too. I'm more comfortable curled up on my sofa, in the comfort of my home. Thanks for stopping by, Kim!

      Delete
  6. One of these days I hope to see Sully. I used to cross the Hudson so often when I lived in New Jersey and the thought of anyone landing a huge plane - successfully - on that river boggles the mind.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an awesome film, Marion. Thanks so much for visiting!

      Delete