Sunday, October 23, 2016

Happiness is Autumn!


Autumn or "Fall" is my favorite time of year. The weather is generally cool and crisp, and there are lots of activities to enjoy. One afternoon this week, while strolling through South Philly's Marconi Plaza, I noticed that the leaves which were green the last time I walked through the park were now a lovely orange and red. I started making a mental list of my favorite things about the season. 


Autumn Leaves and their Colors




Autumn Wreaths on our Front Doors



A Pumpkin Pie Smoothie 
at South Philly FUEL




Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte


October "Post Season" Baseball
(especially if it includes the Phillies)


 Harvest Festivals  
and 
Trick-or-Treaters


Veterans' Day Parades




What's your favorite Autumn feature and activity?



(Snoopy and Leaves photo c/o facebook.com/Snoopy;
 Fall Maple Leaves photo c/o openopen@morgueFile.com;
 Autumn Wreath photo c/o JL Peterson@morgueFile.com;
 Pumpkin Pie Smoothie photo c/o facebook.com/fuelsouthphilly;
 Pumpkin Spice Latte photo c/o facebook.com/Starbucks;
 Baseball in October photo c/o facebook.com/Snoopy;
 Trick-or-Treater photo c/o facebook.com/EPassyunkAvenue;
 Veteran photo c/o facebook.com/TheVeteransSite)

12 comments:

  1. The smells in the air and football on TV. Texts from the grandchildren at college. One has a sore throat and a fever. What should he do? Wrestling practice starts tomorrow. I told him to visit the infirmary. "Oh, I hadn't thought of that." LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Oh, I hadn't thought of that." -- my grandmother would say, "that's why God made grandmothers." Thanks, Vonnie, for visiting! (and, I hope your grandson feels better soon).

      Delete
  2. Everything! ;-) The leaves changing colors, the crisp mornings and warm afternoons, the soups, chili and stews. It's my favorite season. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great time of year! We have "Spooky Saturday" coming up this week. Thanks, Jennifer, for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Oh my Angela! you shared so many good things about fall. I wish we had a cold snap so our leaves would be glorious, but sometimes, it doesn't happen here and that's okay. There's a nice dry cool air thing going on and much more pleasant for walking the Adora-poos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The changing color of leaves is one of the nicest things about leaving in the northeast. Thanks for stopping by, Vicki!

      Delete
  4. I remember fall as a favorite time back on the east coast. Once we had the first frost, the maple leaves turned their brilliant colors and the mosquitoes were gone. Nothing like that here in the sunny Phoenix area. Enjoyed all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My vision of Phoenix is twelve months of Summer. Glad you liked the photos. Thanks for stopping by, Marion!

      Delete
  5. Yes, I adore Autumn and all the foliage. Now if we could only have winter from Black FRiday to Jan 3rd I would be delighted :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good to me! Thanks, Kim, for visiting!

      Delete
  6. Yes, I totally agree, Angela! Despite being born in August, I'm no fan of hot weather, and definitely prefer fall and winter. Your pics are so lovely. What I'm not a fan of? Pumpkin Spice in everything imaginable. (lol) Give me my chocolate instead. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The temperature in Philly is suppose to drop tonight and give us "hot chocolate weather" for the next few days. Thanks, RO, for stopping by today!

      Delete