Sunday, August 7, 2016

Thank you, Book Reviewers!


Each day I receive anywhere between 30 to 40 emails from book review blogs, and I’m sure there are probably hundreds more out there that I haven’t seen, let alone filled out a subscription request.  

Often, as authors and perhaps readers, we forget that the writers of those reviews are volunteers. They read books and write reviews for no other reason than they love books. Their only compensation is the book they've read.  

So, a big, heartfelt “thank you” and kudos to all of you volunteer reviewers out there for offering your time to read, to write…and, to post.

Have a great week, Everyone!


(photo c/o facebook.com/snoopy)

8 comments:

  1. I've had many lovely reviews...and some not so nice. Once I stop hyper-ventilating and set ego aside, I realize the reviewer has a valid point. Authors can learn from less than awesome reviews as long as they're written in the spirit of honesty and not snarkiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great point, Vonnie. Thanks for visiting today.

      Delete
  2. I actually review what I read unless I don't finish it. I don't think that's fair to review what you didn't finish. In book club, we read a book by a well known author that started slow, but finished splendidly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whenever I review, I'm like you, I always read the entire book. Thanks, Morgan, for stopping by today.

      Delete
  3. One reviewer on Amazon gave me a 4 for "An Act of Love." She loved the book but she didn't like the ending because it ended on a plane before they were married. Since they were flying to their wedding destination, I thought I didn't need more. However, after rethinking it, I agreed. All my books from now on (I think) will get the lovers actually married. My last book "Forget Me Not" includes a Christmas Eve wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Christmas Eve wedding is perfect for a Harlequin Heartwarming romance! Thanks, Marion, for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, YES!!! I LOVE reviewers! Even some of the negative reviewers have given me such food for thought! LOVE them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, often, give us something to think about. Thanks for stopping by, Red.

      Delete