Sunday, June 26, 2016

DVD Watching...





Rainy days are always good for DVD watching. I wanted to take this week to give a FIVE star "shout-out" to several recent DVDs I've viewed.

Should you be interested in checking them out, I've included Amazon links.


Spotlight





This year's Academy Award winner for Best Picture (and Best Original Screenplay), an awesome ensemble cast tells the true story of how The Boston Globe  uncovered the immense scandal of child molestation and cover-up within the local Catholic Archdiocese.

http://www.amazon.com/Spotlight-Mark-Ruffalo/dp/B019NB5GZU/ref=sr_1_2_twi_vid_2_twi_dvd_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1464385245&sr=1-2&keywords=Spotlight



Creed




Adonis Johnson (Michael B. Jordan), who never knew his father, Apollo Creed, asks Apollo's former boxing rival and later friend, Rocky Balboa, to be be his trainer.

http://www.amazon.com/Creed-Sylvester-Stallone/dp/B019EEKBBK/ref=sr_1_2_twi_vid_2_twi_dvd_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1464385453&sr=1-2&keywords=Creed


Truth





After CBS anchor Dan Rather (Robert Redford) and "60 Minutes" producer Mary Mapes (Cate Blanchett) broadcasts a report about President George W. Bush's military service, the story affects their lives and shakes their careers.

http://www.amazon.com/Truth-Cate-Blanchett/dp/B0192PEPKO/ref=sr_1_1_twi_dvd_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1464385641&sr=1-1&keywords=Truth


Anyone have their own recommendations? Please share, and have a great week!

(Snoopy & Charlie Brown photo c/o facebook.com/snoopy)

10 comments:

  1. Calvin and I just watched "Spotlight" on Netflix this week and loved it. We saw "Creed" at the theater. We'll have to see if Netflix has "Truth." We just saw "Free State" with Michael McCaughenhey (I know I didn't spell his name right) at the theater this week. Awesome movie once you got through the first few gruesome minutes. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to check out "Free State" -- thanks, Vonnie!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the recs. We have been streaming Person of Interest on Netflix.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I caught a couple of "Person of Interest" reruns, and it is a catchy show. Thanks, Kim!

      Delete
  3. It depends on the season what I watch. In the summer, I go for cold, wintry movies involving snow and isolation. In the winter, give me a romantic comedy set somewhere warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of people watch Christmas movies in the summer for that "snowy" feeling. Thanks, Morgan, for sharing!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the titles. I'm always looking for more DVDs, usually in the bins at Walmart's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I generally borrow my DVDs from the library because I have so many books on my bookshelves, I wouldn't have any room to keep DVDs. Thanks for visiting, Marion!

      Delete
  5. I saw Spotlight, but not the other two and probably will when they hit the movie stations. We recently watched My Name is Doris. Not so bad. The costumes were fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "My Name is Doris." I need to check that one out. Thanks, Vicki, for sharing!

      Delete