Sunday, March 20, 2016

Welcome, Spring!




Although I'm typing this post with a cold drizzle tapping at my Philly window and a hint of wet snow later in the day, today is actually the first official day of a most welcomed season -- Spring!

Along with Daylight Savings Time, there are lots of reasons to rejoice today. For starters, the weather forecast insists this "winter leftover" will be gone by tomorrow morning. Then, of course, there's Phillies' BASEBALL! Spring also brings lots of awesome Neighborhood Spring Festivals, Flea Markets, and I trade in my Starbucks coffee for Rita's water ice.

What are your favorite things about Spring?



(photo c/o facebook.com/winniethepooh)

10 comments:

  1. The sweetness in the air. Both my white and plum-colored magnolias are in full bloom, their fragrance greeting me when I step outside. The Bradford Pear is the unofficial tree of Lynchburg, VA and line Main Street, dot business landscaping, and surround the malls and big box stores. They have a lovely fragrance, too, in addition to their white blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my neighbors has flower boxes attached to her windows and her yellow daffodils are in full bloom. Thanks for sharing, Vonnie!

      Delete
  2. I love seeing the joy my cats experience while looking out an open (screened) window. It keeps them entertained for hours. I call it Cat TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our pets like looking outside, too (and probably have some stories to tell). Thanks, Liana, for visiting today!

      Delete
  3. Wahoo for baseball season..Go Phillies!!! I am hoping the weather warms up soon. I love flea markets and yard sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Phillies' preseason has been going well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that their luck continues into the regular season. Thanks for stopping by, Kim!

      Delete
  4. Sitting outside and writing! :-) Been stuck inside for too long. ;-) I hope you have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to those 70 degrees temperatures that the weather people are promising for the end of the week, Jennifer. Thanks for stopping by today.

      Delete
  5. Spring is busting out all over here. Now, the wildflowers are blooming which is incredibly beautiful. I need to go driving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I walked through Washington Square today, and it was soooooo Spring-like. Thanks, Vicki, for visiting today!

      Delete