Sunday, February 7, 2016

A True Hero!

ADORABLE, BUT FRIGHTENED SLOTH RESCUED FROM SIDE OF HIGHWAY

Officer Aguayo stopped to check on the sloth, which was struggling to cross the road. (Ecuador Transit Commission) 



http://6abc.com/pets/adorable-but-frightened-sloth-rescued-from-side-of-highway/1172974/


I've been sharing this story all over...This officer symbolizes kindness, compassion, and what being "human" is all about. A true hero!

Have a good week, Everyone!





(photos/story c/o 6abc.com and Ecuador Highway Commission)

12 comments:

  1. You're right, it is a very touching story. One of those that make you go, "Awlllll." Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Awwww" was my first reaction, too. Thanks for visiting, Vonnie!

      Delete
  2. Awwwww. I saw a video of a man this week, stopping on the side of the highway to help a wolf free his leg from a barbed wire fence. It is nice to know these kind acts happen everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love it! Thanks for stopping by and sharing!!

      Delete
  3. Oh my, this is incredibly sweet. I'd never stopped to think about sloths in trouble before. Thank you for sharing a lovely story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never even knew what a sloth was until my little neighbor, who is now six, asked me to read "Sparky" to him. Thanks for visiting, Vicki!

      Delete
  4. I never thought of a sloth being so cute before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, from what I understand from reading "Sparky" to my neighbor, sloths are shy. Thanks for stopping by, Marion.

      Delete
  5. Ah, that's such a great story! And he's so cute. :-) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, and he looks kind of cuddly. Thanks for visiting, Jen!

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh! I loved the story! And the sloth! He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I understand, sloths are very shy. Thanks for visiting, Red!

      Delete