Sunday, January 24, 2016

Winter has finally arrived in Philly





A bear hug from Winnie-the-Pooh would feel really good right now. For the past few weeks, since we had 70 degree weather on Christmas Eve, most people living in Philadelphia have been questioning "Where is winter in Philly????"



Well, Winter has arrived!

We had brutal, bitter temperatures this past week, and right now we have snow. Lots of snow...My motto is "Once Christmas has passed, I'm ready for Spring."





As I glance out my window, with close to two feet of white stuff (that will soon be slushy and dirty) on the ground, I'm more than ready for Spring.


What's the weather like up in your area?





(Winnie-the-Pooh photo c/o facebook.com/Winniethepooh; Snowy Philadelphia photo c/o facebook.com/parkwaymuseumdistrict; Sally photo c/o facebook.com/Snoopy)

8 comments:

  1. We have over a foot in Lynchburg, VA. For us, 2-3 inches is our normal snowfall for the year. Yesterday the college girls who live next door shoveled out our driveway and our walk. There are 4 of them and, oddly enough, ALL are named Megan, only each spells it differently. I can't imagine the mayhem over there when someone yells, "Hey, Megan." But they're sweet young girls from all over. I see a pizza gift certificate in their future as a thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three cheers for "The Megans!" An awesome display of human kindness that have these young ladies are looking out for you and Calvin. Stay warm and safe, Vonnie, and thanks for sharing today!

      Delete
  2. Sunny skies and possible 70's here in Glendale, Arizona. If I want snow, I can go north to Flagstaff, about 2 hours away. Feel for you. I remember what it was like when I lived in New Jersey. Brrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that this is the end of snow for the rest of the winter! Thanks, Marion, for visiting today!!

      Delete
  3. Oh my, I just can't imagine! Several years ago, we had a foot of snow. My mom, a native of where we live, said she had never seen that much snow. It was incredibly beautiful. Our city tries to pretreat main streets, sand, etc. But because snowy and icy precip is so rare, it's best to stay home. We began with the horrible storms and raced over and up the east coast. Had cold temps (wore Uggs all weekend) and warmed up Saturday and Sunday. I know that snow piles up, but my main hope is there isn't reckless flooding for the snowy areas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While the snow was falling on Saturday, our local news station, 6abc, interviewed a gentleman from Australia at Philly's train station. The man, who was in his early-late twenties, had never seen snow. Thanks for visiting, Vicki!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Right now, I would settle for sneakers instead of my snow boots. Thanks, Kim, for stopping by today!

      Delete