Sunday, January 31, 2016

Catching Up with my DVDs



Last Sunday I was unhappy about the snow in the Philadelphia area. But my grandmother always said, "Look at the bright side."

Well, as usual, my grandmother had a good point. There was a bright side to last week's snowstorm. I got to sit back with some hot cocoa and do some serious DVD watching. Here's a look at the movies I spent my weekend with (I needed a huge box of tissues for the last one). 

If you're interested in finding out more about these flicks, I've posted Amazon descriptions and links.

Anyone have any recent movies or a DVD to recommend? Please feel free to share. Have a great week, Everyone!




Robert Redford & Nick Nolte star as old friends who make the improbable decision to hike the 2,200 mile Appalachian Trail, and that is when the fun begins. Based on Bill Bryson's bestseller, the movie co-stars Emma Thompson, Mary Steenburgen, Nick Offerman & Kristen Schaal. 


http://www.amazon.com/Walk-Woods-Robert-Redford/dp/B015YYC4C8/ref=pd_sim_74_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=51FAerKQnxL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR120%2C160_&refRID=0GCC2N5MNAKAG631FR6W



In "The Intern," Ben Whittaker (Robert De Niro) is a 70-year-old widower who has discovered that retirement isn't all it's cracked up to be. Seizing an opportunity to get back in the game, he becomes a senior intern at an online fashion site, founded and run by Jules Ostin (Anne Hathaway).


http://www.amazon.com/The-Intern-Robert-De-Niro/dp/B015TGNODE/ref=pd_sim_74_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=51H6a9QnCkL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR132%2C160_&refRID=098MSZ1WZW8MTCW7BW02





From Academy Award®-nominated director Lasse Hallström (2000, The Cider House Rules) comes HACHI: A DOG’S TALE, a film based on one of the most treasured and heartwarming true stories ever told. Golden Globe winner Richard Gere (2002, Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy, Chicago) stars as Professor Parker Wilson, a distinguished scholar who discovers a lost Akita puppy on his way home from work. Despite initial objections from Wilson’s wife, Cate (Academy Award® nominee Joan Allen – 2000, Best Actress, The Contender), Hachi endears himself into the Wilson family and grows to be Parker's loyal companion. As their bond grows deeper, a beautiful relationship unfolds embodying the true spirit of family and loyalty, while inspiring the hearts of an entire town.


http://www.amazon.com/Hachi-Dogs-Tale-Richard-Gere/dp/B0031RAOVY/ref=sr_1_2?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1453646226&sr=1-2&keywords=Hatchi




(Snoopy & Charlie Brown photo c/o facebook.com/snoopy)

6 comments:

  1. Loved the Intern. Walk in the Woods...just okay. Haven't seen the last one. Hundred Foot Journey is absolutely adorable. And I mentioned this one to a friend recently, Locke with Tom Hardy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to check out these two flicks. Thanks, Vicki, for the recommendation!

      Delete
  2. The Intern was fun. We rarely by DVD's anymore and watch Netflix and Hulu or go to Red Box..LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red Box I've never heard of, but I generally borrow my DVDs from the library. Thanks, Kim, for visiting!

      Delete
  3. In addition to being a serious book nerd and shoeaholic, I love, love to watch movies and my collection is HUGE! I watched Hachi and cried like a baby all through it. Talk about loyalty and love. That was a fantastic movie. You can never go wring with a De Niro movie. Despite my collec;tion, I also watch movies on www.xmovies8.co where you can find lots of movies and tv programs that are unusual. Glad you were able to relax a little. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I watched Hachi with a box of tissues next to me...and, of course, my own dog got a lot of extra hugs (smile!). Thanks for visiting, RO!

      Delete