Sunday, November 22, 2015

Happy-being Thankful-giving!




Since this week starts the "big" holiday season -- Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Christmas, Kwanzaa -- and I promised my family I'd get the baking started, I had originally planned a short post today wishing everyone a "Happy Thanksgiving." 

Then, during the week I met with my book club, and our coffee-conversation turned to my novel, Magic Moment. I have a tendency to feel uncomfortable with public, face-to-face praise. After a heartfelt "thank you" to my friends, I turned the discussion back to pumpkin pie recipes.

During my short walk home, I realized one of the things I'm thankful for this year is Magic Moment's extensive and assorted publication journey. After initially being published by Crimson Romance in 2012, the novel was released in a bundle, Running to Love, with nine other awesome Crimson authors. Not long after the time span on the bundle expired, Crimson notified me that Magic Moment's digital version had been chosen as part of the Amazon Encore program. It was a thrill to see that first post on Amazon's website back in August.

And, although public praise makes me queasy while sitting around a coffee shop table with friends, I'm thankful not only for the kind words of those friends, but for all the generous reviews I've received for Magic Moment. I remembered when Mariann at Belle's Book Bag posted the very first, ever review of my novel. I nearly fainted. 

When I got home from the coffee shop after that evening's book club meeting, I clicked on the computer and took a walk down memory lane with Magic Moment's reviews. 




Space (and consideration for my blog readers' time) prevents me from quoting all the reviews, but here are a few.

From Mariann for Belle's Book Bag (thank you, Mariann, for getting the review ball rolling)

“Stories with misunderstandings that separate the hero and heroine or how the hero and heroine let outside influences damage their growing relationship and trust in one another always interest me. It's the whole boy meets girl~they fall in love~breakup~get back together with a fair amount of groveling~then get their HEA. Love these types of stories.”


From Tiffy for The Romance Reviews

"Traveling with Chase and Laura from Philly to Magic Lake Island to Sea Tower, MD really ramps up the intrigue. Throw in the FBI and some thugs and you're hooked! The ending comes with a twist that I didn't see coming. All in all, it's a fun read!"


From Kimba for Caffeinated Book Reviewer

“The tale that unfolds was captivating. Adams used a few of my favorite tropes including the marriage arrangement, but she added her own unique twists. 


From TRS for ARe Cafe

“I especially liked the way the author handled misunderstandings and places where others tried to come between them.”


That's merely a sampling, but I'm truly thankful and grateful to all who posted a review, who read the book, those who added Magic Moment to their Goodreads' list, or simply took the time to skim the blurb while web-browsing.

For more information on Magic Moment, just click the book cover on this page. And, feel free to check out these websites for some great romance reviews!

Belle's Book Bag 
http://bellesbookbag.blogspot.com/

The Romance Reviews
http://www.theromancereviews.com/

Cafeinated Book Reviewer
http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/

ARe Cafe


Oh, and one more SHOUT-OUT “thank you," to all who visit my weekly blog and follow me on Facebook and Google+.

What are you thankful for this holiday? Best wishes to everyone a wonderful and peaceful week, and a very happy day on Thursday! 





(pumpkin art photo c/o Jesssalrene@morgueFile.com;
autumn wreath photo c/o JLPeterson@morgueFile.com)

12 comments:

  1. It's nice to take a trek down memory lane by reading old reviews, especially on days when you feel your writing is getting worse instead of better. Or an I the only one who feels that way? I'm thankful we're heading to Maryland tomorrow to spend a week with my sons and grandkids. I'm thankful my first published book, "Storm's Interlude," for which I've gotten the rights back to is now part of a bundle, seeing new life, and putting me in the Hybrid category--just like a Prius, or something. Look for "Love is in the Air" up for pre-order now and releasing Feb. 1st. Sorry about the shameless plug, Angela, but we always feel something special about our first book. I'm thankful I've made such wonderful online writer friends who seem to be there for me when I'm down on myself. Hugs and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friend, you can "plug" anytime you want! It's my pleasure. Enjoy the holiday, Maryland and the grandkids, and thanks for stopping by today!!

      Delete
  2. It is wonderful to reflect on all that we can be grateful for and reminds us how blessed we are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandmother used to say, "Every now and then you have to stop and smell the roses." Thanks for visiting today, Kimba!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Angela! We should be thankful for so many things. I appreciate you and our online friendship immensely. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I tell everyone that the best thing about joining RWA are my online chapters and my "RWA buddies!!" Thanks, Vicki, for stopping by and enjoy Thursday with your family!!!

      Delete
  4. So happy you had such success with your book and a wonderful stroll down memory lane. This year I am so thankful for so many things that I'm not sure where to begin. It has been a blessed year. First of all my family, friends (that includes you) and readers. For my health. And the chance to continue pursuing my dreams with my writing. It's nice just to stand still for a moment and appreciate all of the good things in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "It's nice just to stand still for a moment and appreciate all of the good things in life." -- Yes, Jennifer, I certainly agree. I think we live in an era where we're busy reaching for one goal after another, and we don't stop and appreciate what we've achieved. Enjoy the holiday this week, and thanks for visiting today.

      Delete
  5. It's always wonderful when someone gives you compliments on your book. I'm thankful another of my books is with my editor. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to when that book with your editor is ready for bookstores, Kindles, and Nooks! Enjoy the holiday, Marion, and thanks for stopping by today!

      Delete
  6. You're always super kind, so it's good to see how much your work is appreciated, and how you have such a humble spirit! No pumpkin pie for me, (lol) but I will be focusing on some crazy recipe. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Hugs...Ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, RO, for your generous nature, and all those "crazy" recipes that you share. Thanks for visiting, and best wishes a peaceful, relaxing holiday.

      Delete