Sunday, November 1, 2015

A Phillies' Fan Walk Down Baseball Memory Lane...



For Philadelphia Phillies' fans, October 31st isn't simply a day to recognize Halloween. Back in 2008, the Phillies were World Series' Champions and October 31st was the day Philadelphia held a parade down Broad Street to honor our team.

Given the Phillies' dismal 2015 season, and that only two of the players, Ryan Howard and Carlos Ruiz, remain on our team from that 2008 season, I decided to take a stroll down "Memory Lane."


The Phillie Phanatic, baseball's ultimate mascot 



"We Won!"



Jimmy Rollins, Phillies' Shortstop, and the 2008 World Series trophy 



Cole Hamels, Series MVP


An estimated two million Phillies' fans lined Broad Street on October 31st to honor our team


Festivities culminated with a ceremony at Citizens Bank Park, home of the Philadelphia Phillies 



Despite the many ups and downs, through the good times and bad, I'll always love my team!



Have a great week, Everyone!


(Photos c/o facebook.com/phillies)






10 comments:

  1. Love this post!! I was there and remember it well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we're lucky, next year there'll be another parade down Broad Street. Thanks, Kimba, for visiting!

      Delete
  2. You are with a doubt the most loyal Phillies fan I know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In 1980, Tug McGraw's said, "You gotta believe," and I really took his words to heart. Thanks for visiting, Morgan.

      Delete
  3. I admire your loyalty. Hope they do better next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have lots of faith (and, intend to say lots of prayers in the off season). Thanks for stopping by, Marion.

      Delete
  4. I love it, Angela! I love how loyal you are! I'm not a sports girl, but I think I'll join you to cheer on the Phillies! I love underdogs anyway. :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Phillies will definitely go into 2016's Spring Training as the "underdog." Thanks, Red, for visiting, and for cheering on my team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I was a kid, I was totally infatuated with Jim Palmer from the Baltimore Orioles. It was the coolest thing when I got older and worked at a cable company where we actually had the chance to visit the bullpen and food parties. Eventually, I lost interest, but seeing a baseball game on television always reminds me of my dad who faithfully watched ANY team faithfully. Thanks for the memories! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talking about memories, I remember seeing my first Phillies game with my dad. We got to see Pete Rose hit his first HR as a Phillie. Thanks for visiting and sharing, RO!

      Delete