Sunday, October 4, 2015

Relax With Popcorn and a Baseball Movie...

Today marks the end of the regular 2015 baseball season. My Philadelphia Phillies didn't have the best of seasons and will start the process of "rebuilding." It's going to be a long winter, but Phillies' fans are looking forward to 2016!

I must admit that if my team isn't participating in the post season, I'm not one who follows the playoffs. Instead, I'll be watching my favorite baseball movies.

Here are my top picks...


The Natural 

Roy Hobbs boyhood dream of a major league baseball career is shattered by an unscrupulous woman until he reappears years later, an over-the-hill rookie, with magic in his bat and power in his swing.



Field of Dreams

"If you build it, he will come." (need I say more?)




A League of Their Own

Based on the real-life adventures of the All-American Girls Baseball League of 1943 who led the way for future female athletes. 



Do you have a favorite baseball movie? Please feel free to share! 

Have a great week, Everyone!!



("The Natural" photo c/o facebook.com/TheRobertRedfordPost; 
"Field of Dreams" photo c/o facebook.com/FieldofDreamsMovie; 
"A League of Their Own" photo c/o facebook.com/FansofALeagueofTheirOwn)


4 comments:

  1. Hopefully 2016 delivers for us. We don't follow the playoffs either if the Phillies are out of it. Ah, love the Natural and Field of Dreams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to 2016 being a great year for the Phillies. Thanks for visiting, Kimba!

      Delete
  2. I used to love baseball as a kid and my fave team was the Baltimore Orioles, but now, I'm more likely to change the channel when I see it come on. (lol) Great post! Hugs...Ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An American League fan! The Orioles have the advantage of a DH in the line-up. Thanks for visiting, RO!

      Delete