Sunday, June 28, 2015

The Beatles!

John, Paul, George and Ringo…




I don’t even need to give you their last names. Whenever we see or hear those four names together, our brains click immediately. Four individuals, one entity, The Beatles.

I was just a tiny tot when they came to America in the 1960s, but with a teenage sister in the house, I grew up listening to their music vibrating from my sister’s old phonograph. By the time I was a teenager, the “Fab Four” had decided to go their separate ways. I actually witnessed first-hand music by the solo artists -- John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison and Ringo Starr.

The other night, as I was channel surfing, I came across the movie “A Hard Days Night.”  As I watched, I was reminded how spectacular and unique John, Paul, George and Ringo were when they became one band, The Beatles. Together, this group was magic.

The next morning, as I waited for the bus with neighbors, one gave us an enthusiastic critique of Paul McCartney's concerts earlier that week in Delaware and at Philly's Well Fargo Center. Another of my neighbors said he wouldn't want to see Sir Paul, who turned 73-years-old this month, in concert without the other three Beatles. We all agreed The Beatles was like no other band in rock music history. 




I thought about posting my favorite Beatles' tunes, but the list was getting too long (because nobody can have just one favorite Beatles' tune). Instead I've included this short sampling via YouTube link. How about you, readers? Do you have a favorite Beatles tune?

Enjoy and have a great week, Everyone!

Best Beatles Song per Album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmcDWddTS





(YouTube video c/o BeatlesList; photos c/o facebook.com/thebeatles)

12 comments:

  1. I was a junior in high school when they came to America. Their music changed the world. Their lyrics were so amazingly simple. I suppose "Hey Jude" is my fav.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's one of my faves, too. I remember reading somewhere that Paul wrote the song for Julian Lennon. Thanks for visiting today!

      Delete
  2. Once upon a time, a young man sang "and i love her." It was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that Paul sometimes does that song on his current tour. Thanks for visiting today!

      Delete
  3. I love the Beatles and my walls in high school were covered with images of them..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember my cousin with his "Beatles' haircut" -- thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Blackbird because my 6th grade music teacher taught our class to sing it. It was a simple, beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few years ago my neighbor's kindergarten class sang "All You Need Is Love" at their June graduation ceremony. They were so adorable! Thanks for stopping by, Morgan.

      Delete
  5. I never cared much for the Beatles (I always preferred folk music and the band America) until I took a course in Rock music at the college where I work. That’s where I learned how exceptional they were and how they contributed so much originality to the music industry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many people listen more to the music than the words. But, a lot of the words in their songs were actually poetic. One song that comes to my mind is "Revolution" which isn't about revolting or a rebellion. Thanks, Marion, for visiting.

      Delete
  6. Oh gosh, I love the Beatles! I don't know if I could ever pick a favorite song myself. So I'm very grateful for the YouTube compilation you found, Angela! Great post! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only was it hard putting together a short list of favorite songs, but I had so many of these great YouTube sets to choose from! Thanks for visiting, Red!

      Delete