Sunday, May 3, 2015

Do You Have a "Celebrity Crush"?




When I was twelve-years-old, I saw the movie Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. It took me all of two minutes to fall in love with Robert Redford, and I've been in love with him ever since.




I've seen all his movies -- even when he was the voice of "Ike the horse" in Charlotte's Web -- the popular ones (The Way We Were, The Sting, All the President's Men, The Natural) and the not so popular (The Clearing, An Unfinished Life -- an excellent movie, by the way). I won't consider getting rid of my Redford movie VHS tapes even though I no longer have a VCR to watch them on. I've seen movies he hadn't starred in, but directed (Ordinary People, Quiz Show, The Conspirator to name a few) because his name was attached. "Bob" and I were both born in August, we're Leos, and Leos are very loyal people.


My family enjoys teasing me about my "love affair with Bob," and a colleague of mine once joked that I've been "involved" with Robert Redford more years than the total number of years she's been married to a combination of three husbands.



This past January Turner Classic Movies chose him as their "Star of the Month." Every Tuesday night was "date" night as I enjoyed an array of movies like The Way We Were (for about the hundred and tenth time), The Candidate, and All The President's Men.




Is there a celebrity out there, Readers, you've been smitten with? Someone that you have never actually met but have an undeniable fascination with? 

Have a great week, Everyone!



(photos c/o facebook.com/RobertRedfordToday)




16 comments:

  1. Since I am surrounded by boys, men too, I've gotten to watch more than my share of guy movies. And now I actually like them better than what would be considered a "chick flick." So my son and I just watched the Avengers, and I have to say I've had a crush on all those actors. Downey, Hemsworth, Ruffalo, gosh, they're all so cute! However, my fascination is with the ultimate good guy, Captain America himself, Chris Evans. He's kind of dreamy in my book. :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Robert Downey, Jr. is one of our greatest, most talented actors! I'm still disappointed that he didn't win the Oscar for Chaplin. Thanks for visiting, Red!

      Delete
  2. I'm a James Bond fan, so any guy whose played him does it for me. Danzel Washington, whose got this strut. Jason Stratham with his bald head and gravelly British accent--most definitely yes! And Idris Elba. I'm kinda hoping he'll be the next James Bond, black or not. Great post. Now back to editing....UGH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about Sean Connery? No matter what movie I see him in, I always think of "Goldfinger." Thanks, Vonnie, for taking a break from editing and stopping by today!

      Delete
  3. Jon Cusack. I loved him as a teen in Say Anything. He brought his same ordinariness and charm to Must Love Dogs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Must Love Dogs" is one of my favorite, most adorable movies! Thanks for visiting, Morgan!

      Delete
  4. Yes... I have a few Dean Winchester (Supernatural) and Klaus from the Originals are top of list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit -- I had to "google" Dean Winchester (smile!) Thanks for stopping by, Kimba!

      Delete
  5. My first celebrity crush (which really dates me) was Audie Murphy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Audie Murphy! I had to "google" him, too! Thanks for visiting, Marion!!

      Delete
  6. Hi, Angela! Right now, I like watching movies featuring Tom Hardy, but not a crush. After all, I'm married to Handsome! lol. I thought Cary Grant was such a versatile actor-comedy and drama. His fast talking comedies truly are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite Cary Grant movie is "An Affair to Remember." Thanks for stopping by, Vicki!

      Delete
  7. Uh...do you have lots of time? (lol) This is one of my favorite topics other than books. Totally enjoy Daniel Craig as the new James Bond, Jason Statham is my boyfriend,( I will search the world over for any of his movies-lol) Bruce Willis is totally fab, Tim Daly from Madame Secretary, Kevin hart because he is amazingly funny, and my all time favorite has to be Paul Newman, who was not only gorgeous, but an amazing actor. Love this topic! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RO, you have a very long list (smile!). Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. Uh...do you have lots of time? (lol) This is one of my favorite topics other than books. Totally enjoy Daniel Craig as the new James Bond, Jason Statham is my boyfriend,( I will search the world over for any of his movies-lol) Bruce Willis is totally fab, Tim Daly from Madame Secretary, Kevin hart because he is amazingly funny, and my all time favorite has to be Paul Newman, who was not only gorgeous, but an amazing actor. Love this topic! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uh...do you have lots of time? (lol) This is one of my favorite topics other than books. Totally enjoy Daniel Craig as the new James Bond, Jason Statham is my boyfriend,( I will search the world over for any of his movies-lol) Bruce Willis is totally fab, Tim Daly from Madame Secretary, Kevin hart because he is amazingly funny, and my all time favorite has to be Paul Newman, who was not only gorgeous, but an amazing actor. Love this topic! hugs...

    ReplyDelete