Sunday, April 26, 2015

Can't Get That Tune Out of My Head...




My radio in my home office has two set stations, my beloved Philadelphia Phillies or the local Oldies channel. Last weekend, while searching for paperbacks to donate to a book drive, I heard a song from my Community College days.The song, with it's amusing lyrics and snappy beat, was a 1982 hit by The Weather Girls, "It's Raining Men!"

On Monday we had rain here in Philly, and I mean RAIN! The kind of downpour where your umbrella does little good. While sloshing to the bus stop, I heard myself singing "It's Raining Men!" (although I have to confess, with my lack of tone, the Weather Girls won't be asking me to join their group).

During our break, when we all gather in the staff lounge, I couldn't stop singing the song. Several coworkers, who weren't even born in 1982, asked "what are you singing?" or "where did you get that song from?"

While I explained, one of my colleagues found this "entertaining" video on YouTube. After lots of witty comments and chuckles among my associates, I thought I'd share the video with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5aZJBLAu1E


This song won't leave me alone. Although this past Friday was a beautiful, sunny day, I strolled through Washington Square singing...yep, you guessed it...

Ever have that dilemma? A song that keeps replaying in your head? Does anyone have any advice for me on how to get rid of it?

Have a great week, Everyone!


(photo c/o facebook.com/pages/Its-Raining-Men-The-Weather-Girls/454244292293055)




14 comments:

  1. LOL! Thanks for the ear worm, Angela! (Or not!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lois, let me know if you're still singing on Wednesday! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. I love this song. We do the version from Bridget Jones's Diary in Jazzercise and I love it. I even sing it with the movie. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember, back in the day, "It's Raining Men!" was a very popular aerobics song. Thanks, Vicki, for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Back in the day, I definitely remembering dancing around the club to this catchy song, and everyone sang along while we tried to catch our breath! (lol) It's been years since I heard it, and now dang it Angela, it's going to take a while to get out of my head...again! (lol) Cool post. Ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My younger colleagues, those who are in their 20s, laugh when I use the term "disco." Thanks, RO, for stopping by today!

      Delete
  4. Back in the day, I definitely remembering dancing around the club to this catchy song, and everyone sang along while we tried to catch our breath! (lol) It's been years since I heard it, and now dang it Angela, it's going to take a while to get out of my head...again! (lol) Cool post. Ro

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My younger colleagues, those who are in their 20s, laugh when I use the term "disco." Thanks, RO, for stopping by today!

      Delete
  5. LOL, I now this song well I went to high school in the 80's. Hope the sun is out for you..but dang now I am singing this song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the sun was out today and the Phillies won their ballgame -- it was a great day! Thanks for visiting, Kimba!

      Delete
  6. I LOVE that song! And now, yes, I'm going to get it stuck in my head.

    The song I ALWAYS get in my head is "Mahna Mahna." It's been on Sesame Street but people have remixed it! Here's a remix of it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GR7rwu5PYo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a catchy tune. Thanks, Red, for sending me the Sesame Street gang to watch with my morning coffee. And, thanks for visiting today!

      Delete
  7. I went onto the site to see and hear your song. No, it will never be one that sticks with me but it sure gave me a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody needs a laugh, Marion. And, I wouldn't be surprised if you're singing "It's Raining Men!" tomorrow (smile!). Thanks for visiting!!

      Delete