Sunday, March 15, 2015

It's Lookin' Like Spring!






What a difference a week makes! On Thursday, as I walked through Philly's Washington Square, those words ran through my mind. Exactly one week ago, I had been home, starting a four day "snow weekend" looking out my window and watching as the white flakes fell from the sky.

By this Thursday, the sun shined brightly, the temperature was in the 50s and snow? What snow? The white stuff was completely gone thanks to a combination of rain earlier in the week followed be some warm temperatures. When I arrived at my bus stop, I overheard everyone expressing the same sentiment, Spring is on the way. The season will officially be here at the end of the week, but today feels very much like Spring!

While everyone chatted as we waited, I thought about what I like about Spring, the warmer temperatures, baseball, daylight savings time, leaves and blossoms on the trees, Rita's Water Ice, flea markets...

Yay! What makes you happy that Spring is here?




(photo c/o paulabflat at morgueFile.com)


14 comments:

  1. That's a no-brainer--not having to shovel any more snow! Happy almost spring, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I forgot about that one. Thanks, Lois, for stopping by and reminding me.

      Delete
  2. Yes..our snow is gone too...no flowers peeking out just yet..but I will be looking for signs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next Saturday is our neighborhood Easter Egg hunt -- that's always fun for the kids and makes me feel very "Springie." Thanks for visiting, Kimba!

      Delete
  3. I love spring, because it marks my birthday!!! I was born on the first day of spring, and so I love all the signs of spring--warmer weather, tulips, and the smell of sun in the air, instead of snow. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I'm the first to wish you a "Happy Birthday!" Thanks for visiting, Red!

      Delete
  4. The plants coming up. I have daffodil, tulips, and mint coming up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring flowers make any yard look beautiful. Thanks, Morgan, for visiting.

      Delete
  5. I cant say snow is a huge problem; a little paralyzes my hometown, making life interesting. We need precip to make the drought go away. No one likes water rationing. And because we are inches up and have lovely temps, the blooming has begun. I walked the poos and spied daffodils, hyacinths, tulips, blooms on bradford pears, peach, and plum. Everyday is more lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound like a lovely walk, Vicki. And, the "poos" make the scene "picture perfect." Thanks for stopping by and sharing.

      Delete
  6. I just love looking at the beautiful Spring colors. Very soothing. Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Spring season just makes you feel good all over. Thanks so much for stopping by, RO!

      Delete
  7. The green outside. Being able to go for walks without worrying about ice. And sitting outside to write. ;-) Roll on spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Jennifer. I go for a lot more walks during Spring. Thanks for visiting today!

      Delete