Sunday, February 22, 2015

"The Way I Like My Snow...



...is on a book cover!"

Often I'll hear people say, "I love snow," or "I hope it snows." When our Philly news teams were calling for a snowstorm earlier in the week, I overheard the gentleman in line at the supermarket bemoan to the cashier, we "didn't get enough snow this year." Considering the amount the forecast was calling for, and that I'd have to shovel, this man's words made me queasy. 

Whenever someone sighs and breathes the words to me, "I love snow," my reply is, "Me, too. When it's on a book cover."

Snow does look beautiful on a book cover. Seeing the lovely, fluffy white stuff will make me click on a book while surfing the web, or pick up the book in a book store, faster than I can utter the words, "Rock Salt."

But, whenever I see snow outside my window, am forced to trek through it, or even hear the weather forecaster mention the word "snow," I cringe.

Since the snow we had earlier in the week has now turned to frozen, ugly, dirty, nasty-looking mush, I've decided to feature some book covers with snow.

Because this is how I like my snow -- on a book cover!

For more information on the books listed, check out the accompanying links! If you have a favorite "snow cover" book, please feel free to share with us.

Have a great week, Everyone!



http://www.amazon.com/Sleigh-Bells-Valentine-Valley-Novel/dp/0062323407/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1424349277&sr=1-1&keywords=emma+Cane


http://www.amazon.com/Winter-Dreams-Heartfelt-Holiday-Romances-ebook/dp/B00QH0IEBY/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1424349832&sr=1-1&keywords=Winter+Dreams




http://www.amazon.com/Heart-Christmas-Whiskey-Creek/dp/0778316394/ref=sr_1_11?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1424349462&sr=1-11&keywords=brenda+novak+whiskey+creek+series




http://www.amazon.com/Valentine-Babies-Holiday-Book-ebook/dp/B00B40PTME/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1424349545&sr=1-1&keywords=valentine+babies




http://www.amazon.com/Kind-Christmas-Virgin-River-Novel/dp/0778313859/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1424349617&sr=1-2&keywords=my+kind+of+christmas+robyn+carr




http://www.amazon.com/Holiday-Family-Love-Inspired%5CKirkwood-Lake/dp/0373879296/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1424349712&sr=1-2&keywords=her+holiday+family










(snowflake photo c/o pippalou at morgueFile.com)

18 comments:

  1. Presently snowbound in the house after seven inches fell during the night. I like my snow elsewhere, such as in movies and on Christmas cards. My goal is to spend the winter holidays in a sunny spot with palm trees and white sand beaches,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Palm trees, beaches, and sand sounds great! Thanks for stopping by today, Morgan!!

      Delete
  2. Snow is for Christmas cards and mountain tops. Cant play baseball in the snow. I prefer sunny skies and balmy breezes any day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about baseball. Since Phillies pitchers and catchers reported to FLA and Spring training this week, I thought the photos on the Phillies' FB page would take my mind off the snow outside my window. Didn't work. Thanks for visiting today.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely post. I love all these book covers. Thank you Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Mona! Thank you for being part of the group!!

      Delete
  4. Totally agree. I live in Maine and love winter, but seriously, enough is enough. Snowbound in front of a fire is definitely more romantic in a book than in real life. My kids are stir crazy, my husband is sick and tired of plowing...but I'm enjoying reading in front of the fire ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Winter for the Christmas holidays. Once that season is over, I'm wishing and planning for Spring. Thanks, Marianne, for stopping by today!

      Delete
  5. Snow looks so romantic on a book cover. I don't mind snow but only if it shuts everything down..and I mean everything including hubby's work..which never happens. Having to go out a 2 am because your adult child is stuck in a snowdrift because their work refused to let employees go early..sucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. In Philly, I live on a street of row homes and I felt so bad yesterday watching the postman walk up and down the steps of each house while the snow was falling on him. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  6. I love snow both falling from the sky and on book covers. ;-) It's the negative temp's that are starting to make me long for spring. It has been sooo cold this winter. Roll on springtime. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Philly, we haven't had as much snow as we had last year. The temperatures, though, have been brutal. I can't wait for Spring. Thanks, Jennifer, for stopping by today!

      Delete
  7. Angela! I'm totally psyched to be on the blog with so many delightful authors! Thank you!

    I'm a snow lover, but by next month (well, in two weeks, YAY!) I'll be longing for spring! We've got 5 ft. of snow along the roads, over 3ft. on the level, roofs are leaking as the huge build up of ice beings to melt and the gutters are all clogged with ice... Oy, it will be a bit of a mess as Mother Nature gets us out of this! But it's so beautiful, so peaceful, so delightful. I'm e-mailing you a couple of pics so you can see why I'm crazy enough to feel this way! And I love those covers!

    Harlequin's art team did a great job with Max and Tina's cover, didn't they? It's such a great story, I love it, have a few tissues ready if you're smart, but totally, absolutely worth it.

    Thank you, sweet thing! You just made my snowy day brighter! BTW, it's 5 degrees here... Now that's a little crazy for the end of February!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did click on your photos, Ruth, and Philly would not know what to do with all of that snow! Thank you so much for the "snow" photos and for stopping by today!

      Delete
  8. Such lovely covers. I, too, prefer my snow on a book cover. I enjoy reading about it, and looking at it on the TV but, happily, don't care to ever walk through it again. I used to ski, skate and snowmobile back when I lived on the east coast. Don't miss any of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I was in college, my friends would ski for relaxation. My idea of relaxing was to sit by the fireplace with my book and a mug of hot chocolate. Thanks for visiting, Marion.

      Delete
  9. You added my favorite cover with snow for 2014 of Brenda Novak's "The Heart of Christmas". There is something so romantic about a couple standing outside in light snowflakes. Rather takes my breath away every time.
    My new discovery of a pretty cover with snow was after the holiday season with the front cover of "Christmas Kiss" by Sharon Kleve. Take a peek here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Kiss-Forever-Book-ebook/dp/B00P8BNG5C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1424744435&sr=8-1&keywords=christmas+kiss+sharon+kleve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I clicked on "Christmas Kiss," Ferne, and you're right -- that's a lovely cover. Kind of reminded me of walking through a park on a snowy day. Thank you for stopping by and sharing!

      Delete