Sunday, January 25, 2015

The Elephant in the Room...

This has been a hectic week. Snow and rain (with more snow on the way) made life a "challenge" as I sprinted to cross each quandary off my list. On Friday morning, I realized I didn't have an idea for Sunday's blog post.

Then I stopped at the library to pick up a book for my mother.The librarian was having "Children's Story Time," and was reading one of my favorite books, Horton Hears a Who by Dr. Seuss. She quoted my most cherished line, and there was my post this week.


In the story, Horton the elephant works to keep safe a tiny group of people, the citizens of "Who-ville," from his neighbors who deny the society even exists. The character of Horton is a gentle soul who is committed to taking care of those who are powerless to protect themselves.


We could use a lot more "Hortons" in the world. Don't you agree?


"Don't give up! I believe in you all! A person's a person no matter how small!"




Have a good week, Everyone!









(photo c/o facebook.com/Dr.SeussBooks)

7 comments:

  1. I'm a HUGE fan of the library - in fact they all know me by name! (lol) I remember this book, and love this and anything else by the great Dr. Seuss. If you've been having to deal with yucky weather, I sure hope you can take some time for YOU today and do something fun and relaxing. Hugs...www.intheknowwithro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing how the Horton message still impresses us today. With more "yucky" weather approaching, I'm heading out to the grocery store. Thanks so much for visiting and sharing your thoughts today!

      Delete
  2. I'm a HUGE fan of the library - in fact they all know me by name! (lol) I remember this book, and love this and anything else by the great Dr. Seuss. If you've been having to deal with yucky weather, I sure hope you can take some time for YOU today and do something fun and relaxing. Hugs...www.intheknowwithro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Horton..it is one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books..yes we could all use more in our lives :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Kimba. I'm excited to hear The Caffeinated Reviewer's news regarding children's books!

      Delete
  4. I like Horton, too. We just introduced my son to the movie, and we all enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen the movie, too, and love it! It does justice to the book and carries the message while entertaining little ones.Thanks for stopping by today!

      Delete