Sunday, January 18, 2015

Looking For Spring...






I start looking forward to Christmas as soon as Fall arrives. I love the Christmas Season. Starting with reading the Christmas Romances (still have a few in the pile), the Holiday music (there's a Frank Sinatra Christmas CD still in the CD player), and I'm nursing my poinsettia so that it'll stay fresh a little longer (poinsettias are my favorite plants).

But, it happens every year! The week after the holidays, when the decorations come down, the trees find themselves on the curb for trash collection, there are no twinkling lights in the windows or wreaths on the doors, I find myself with a sense of  melancholy. All that seems to be left is the cold, snow, and ice (and we got all three here in Philly over the last week). 

I find myself wishing Winter would go away, and I'm looking forward to that first flower of Spring.





Anyone else feel the same way?










(Peanuts photo c/o facebook.com/Snoopy; flower  photo c/o Jonathan1991 and morgue.File.com)

12 comments:

  1. I think the lack of sunshine and a degree of warmth causes a lot of depression. It rarely drops below 25 here in southern Virginia, but I do find I want to sleep more. Kind of like the trees and plants outdoors that are resting up for Spring. This year, I'm especially looking forward to spring. My last two books of two contracts are both due to my editors on April 6th. My brain can finally rest for a month or so. But I do look forward to March when my magnolia trees bloom and other trees start to bud. The deer always eat my tulips. so all I get to enjoy are the stems. What a name for a book!!! "The Stems of Spring" LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "The Stems of Spring" -- I like it! Thanks for stopping by today, Vonnie!!

      Delete
  2. Yes..I like winter till Jan 2nd then I too am so over it. I want my flip-flops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wouldn't want flip-flops in Philly today. Freezing rain and wind outside my window. Thanks for stopping by today, Kimba!

      Delete
  3. *slips in quietly* I like snow. *ducks flying tomatoes* I think the big fluffy flakes falling is gorgeous. And yes, I got excited when it snowed even when I had an office job and used to have to shovel out my car. And now that I tele-commute, I find the snow relaxing as I sip my hot tea. But by March 1st I'll be ready for springtime. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hot tea sounds good to me! Thanks for visiting today, Jennifer!

      Delete
  4. They call February the cruelest month probably because everyone's love affair with winter has ended. Winter crouches on our doorstep like an ex-boyfriend turner stalker refusing to accept it's over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least February is a short month. Thanks, Morgan, for visiting.

      Delete
  5. You know, Angela, I just blogged about the same thing on the Plotting Princesses, how this year was too rushed for me. So I barely experienced the Holidays then wham! over. The last lights in the neighborhood are down and the trees are on the curb for big trash pickup. However.... I did buy a Christmas CD and am trying it out right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep Sinatra in the CD player until Valentine's Day! Thanks for stopping by, Vicki!

      Delete
  6. Thanks to our mild temperatures in Arizona, Spring is here until the summer blasts us. Right now I’m looking at this one rosebud on my Peace Rose bush that has patiently waited for a month for the sun to get around to that side of the house. Slowly, so slowly the pink is starting to show and it may finally bloom before February.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could send some of that warm weather our way. In Philly, we have snow today!

      Delete