Sunday, October 5, 2014

Reading to Baby Brother...







Earlier in the week I was at the library. While I waited at the counter for the librarian to find a DVD I’d placed on hold, a booming little voice echoed from the Children’s section and grabbed my attention.

A woman, about six or seven months pregnant, sat in a chair. Across from her sat her daughter who was about four-years-old. The little girl held open a picture book, propped up on her knees, facing outward at her mother. Although I doubt very much if the child was saying the exact words in the book, she was clearly telling a story. Her eyes occasionally shifted from the book to her mommy’s stomach and back to the book.

And, this child was L-O-U-D.

Her mother said to her, “Shh. You’re supposed to be quiet in the library.”

The child’s reply was adorable!

“But, Mommy,” she said. “I’m reading to my baby brother and I want to make sure he can hear me in your tummy.”

Have a good week, Everyone!


(photo c/o digitallatina and MorgueFile.com)



12 comments:

  1. Thanks for starting my day with a smile, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The librarian and I both went "awwwwwwwwww..." in unison. I'm glad I could bring a smile to your day. Thanks for visiting, Lois!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. And, she was a really sweet little girl. Thanks for stopping by, Kimba!

      Delete
  3. How adorable!!! Maybe she will read to him when she can really read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I considered that the little girl was practicing for when her brother arrived. Thanks, Vicki, for visiting!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, that is so cute! I love it hearing stories like that! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That little girl certainly brought a smile to a lot of faces. Thanks, Lani, for visiting.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. My sister asked me what book the little girl was reading, but I was so taken with her reply that I didn't notice the book cover. Thanks so much, Patricia, for visiting.

      Delete
  6. That is so adorable. You have such wonderful stories from all your work with children. I hope you'll be able to include them one day in one of your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always some little one at the library that makes me stop, think, and go, "hmmmmmmm...." Thanks, Marion, for stopping by!

      Delete