Sunday, September 21, 2014

"Welcome, Autumn!"






This weeks starts Autumn (some folks like to call it "Fall" but I prefer "Autumn," it's prettier, don't you think?). It's one of my favorite times of year! I fell in love with the season during my college years in Vermont. There is no other place on earth that has more beautiful autumn leaves than the state of Vermont!





Back here in Philly, our neighborhoods are decorated with Autumn wreaths, silk orange and red leaves are wrapped around wrought iron rails, planters of rust-colored mums decorate patios, and pumpkins sit on our front steps. Everyone starts decorating their homes, and our streets, for Halloween. Autumn is one last opportunity for outdoor activities. We have loads of flea markets, harvest festivals, and street fairs. I spent the last two days enjoying the weather and activities in our Philadelphia parks.




But, what I love most about Autumn is pumpkin spice coffee, pumpkin muffins and pumpkin bread. Yes, I guess if I wanted to, I could figure a way to have my pumpkin treats throughout the year. But, there's something so special about pumpkin anything in Autumn. 





Is there anything special you like about the Autumn season? Please share. We'd love to hear your thoughts.

Have a great week, Everyone!





(Autumn leaves photo c/o openopin at morgueFile.com)
(Autumn wreath c/o jlpeterson at morgueFile.com)
(Coffee photo c/o thesuccess at morgueFile.com)
(Muffins photo c/o Kellyp42 at morgueFile.com)




12 comments:

  1. I love being able to take a long walk on a cool, crisp autumn day. That short window of time after the heat and humidity of summer are gone and before it gets too cold to enjoy the outdoors is my favorite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lois, you would have enjoyed my Friday afternoon. The weather was sunny and brisk, and there was an art festival in Rittenhouse Square. It was a great event! Thanks for visiting today!!

      Delete
  2. I now love autumn too! I didn't as a kid, because it reminded me of school. I both loved and hated school. Any kind of schedule rubbed me the wrong way, but I loved learning. My poor parents. Anyway, now I love the colors, and I have to agree with you, Angela, Vermont is where all the colors go. I'll never forget hiking through the thick, thick forest and finding a maple tree so engrossed with color, the leaves were almost black. I saved three leaves from that tree. Being a bit macabre myself, I loved the tree more than any other. Oh! And I love anything pumpkin this time of year too! Yum!
    -Lani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mentioned a "maple tree," Lani, and maple trees make me think of maple syrup, another memory from my college years. We went to the farm and "tapped" the trees to get our own maple syrup for pancakes. Some of my friends would bring the syrup home with them to give as gifts. Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Hi, Angela! I love the changing of the leaves. I have huge red oaks in my front yard. They transition from green to orange, red, and yellow if we have the perfect freeze. And cooler weather means hot chocolate for me! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you with the trees! One of the "downers" of living in my area of Philadelphia -- if I want trees, I need to go to a park! Thanks, Vicki, for visiting today!!

      Delete
  4. I love autumn but we don’t have the beautiful leaf changes around Phoenix, nor do we have to rake the leaves. My granddaughter was born on the first day of autumn and her middle name is Autumn Rose. Isn’t that lovely? I plan to give one of my heroines that name. Also, it’s the beginning of football season. Now if the temp would stay below 100, everything would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Autumn Rose!" That is beautiful...I can't imagine living in an area that doesn't have change of seasons. On the other hand, in Phoenix you don't need to worry about shoveling snow in January (lucky, you). Thanks for visiting today, Marion!

      Delete
  5. I love this time of year as well-both my birthday and wedding anniversary happen during the autumn months :) And I love pumpkin muffins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me wish you a Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary! Thank you for visiting today!

      Delete
  6. I am not thinking about it, although it is my favorite time of year. Next week I will get excited. Happy Birthday and Anniversary my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading about the upcoming wedding, Kimba!

      Delete