Sunday, September 7, 2014

Quotes from Seuss




Theodor Seuss Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss, would say. "Children want the same things we want. To laugh, to be challenged, to be entertained and delighted."  Children have learned so much from Dr. Seuss, and his books,  over the years. 

On Tuesday, Horton and the Kwuggerbug and more Lost Stories by Dr. Seuss and Charles D. Cohen will be released. Dr. Seuss not only taught children that learning to read could be fun, but he demonstrated how we all -- children and adults -- can learn from reading his books. In honor of this release, I'm posting several of my favorite quotes from one of the wisest men in the world, Dr. Seuss. 

FYI -- Dr. Cohen, I’m proud to say, is a graduate of Haverford College which is in the Philadelphia area.




"A person's a person no matter how small."
(Horton Hears a Who!)

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.”
(The Lorox)





"And when things start to happen, don’t worry. Don’t stew. Just go right along. You’ll start happening too."
(Oh, the Places You'll Go!)


"Maybe Christmas, the Grinch thought, doesn't come from a store."
(How the Grinch Stole Christmas!)




If you have a favorite Dr. Seuss quote, please feel free to share. Have a great week, Everyone!

(photos c/o www.facebook.com/Dr.SeussBooks)

10 comments:

  1. We like to hop on pop! I taught my boys to read with Hop on Pop and One Fish, Two Fish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Hop on Pop" is a great book for teaching children to read. Thanks for visiting, Vicki!

      Delete
  2. I'm partial to Green Eggs and Ham, Sam, I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many preschools, on Dr. Seuss's birthday, actually make green eggs and ham. Thanks, Lois, for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I love Dr. Suess! OH, THE PLACES YOU'LL GO is one of my favorite through all these years! And I have made green eggs and ham--food coloring. Hee-hee! Thanks for the great post!
    -Lani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Oh, The Places You'll Go" is not only a great book, but makes a great graduation gift. Thanks for visiting, Lani!

      Delete
  4. I used to read these stories to my children decades ago, so I can't remember any favorite quotes. But I still believe the stories by Dr. Seuss are some of the best for children learning to read. Excellent post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only do children learn to read words, they learn what's important in life. Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Marion!

      Delete
  5. Oh I love Dr. Suess, and my kids had all of the books. I love Horton Hears a Who, and Sam I Am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Horton Hears a Who!" is my favorite, too! Thanks for stopping by, Kimba!

      Delete