Sunday, August 3, 2014

Kindness of Strangers





Earlier in the week I was in my local CVS (the store keeps a well-stacked paperback section, by the way). While putting paper towels in my cart, I sneezed...three times in a row. From the next aisle over, I heard two voices, a man and a woman, say "Bless you." I called out "Thank you," and we all went about our business. While walking home, I thought about the simple gesture on the part of that gentleman and lady, and small tokens of kindness. 

Unexpected acts of kindness are so obsolete anymore. Have you seen any lately, or been giving or receiving end of one? If so, please feel free to share...




                                                                          ( photo c/o AcrylicArtist and MorgueFile.com)


8 comments:

  1. I received kindness from you! You always share my posts and covers and comment. I can't say enough how wonderful that is. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Vicki! It's truly a pleasure to share your talent!! Thanks for visiting today...

      Delete
  2. Random Acts of Kindness are the best, I try to do a little something everyday it makes the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimba, more people in the world should think as you do. Thank you for stopping by and sharing...

      Delete
  3. I have to ditto what Vicki said. Angela, you are always so giving the way you share my blog and books with others and always post comments to my blog. You're a real sweetheart and totally appreciated for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Lois. You and Vicki are going to make me cry. It's a true delight to share your work with others. Thanks for visiting today.

      Delete
  4. Well, I'll be the third to agree with Vicki and Lois! Angela, you are a great role model! You are very generous, and I hope I can repay you!
    -Lani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lani...you all have me reaching for a box of tissues. Supporting one another is what our RWA chapter is all about. I'm happy to call all of you a RWA "chapter mate." Thanks for stopping by today!

      Delete