Sunday, March 30, 2014

...Diplomacy from Mom...



Whether they're family, friends, colleagues or fellow RWA authors, all who know me will agree the words "technologically gifted" wouldn't be used in my author's bio. I don't know a widget from a gadget. Therefore, whenever I have a computer question, I turn to my RWA chapter mate, award-winning author,Vonnie Davis. Earlier in the week, I emailed Vonnie for instructions on how to get the Magic Moment cover with Amazon link on my blog. Before you could say Tumbleweed Letters (my favorite Vonnie Davis' read), I had Vonnie's instructions.

While I followed step by step, once completed, I thought the image was overwhelming. I couldn't get the picture to look petite and cute like the images on the other blog sites I visit. Whether my problem was me, my computer, or the blog, I tried several different tactics and still couldn't get the image smaller.

Since no one gives advice or an opinion like a "mom," I trekked over to my mother's house. After showing her the blog site and explaining my dilemma, I concluded with, "I don't know, Mom. What do you think? Do you think that book cover is too big? Does it look obnoxious?"

My mother stared quietly, studied the screen then said with pride, "I can never get enough of looking at that book cover. It's beautiful."

Delighted by her flattering remark, and the chocolate pudding cake she put in front on of me, I didn't realize until I was on my way home that Mom never did answer my questions.

If you click on the Magic Moment image, it'll take you to the Amazon site...with a click for my author's page!

Thanks, Vonnie (and, Mom)!

See what's happening with my friend, Vonnie, at http://vintagevonnie.blogspot.com/




And, check out my favorite Vonnie Davis' novella, Tumbleweed Lettershttp://www.amazon.com/Tumbleweed-Letters-Love-ebook/dp/B009W6XH3A/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1381629629&sr=1-1&keywords=tumbleweed+letters


Thanks for stopping by, and have a great week, Everyone!






15 comments:

  1. Aaaah, Angela, I love what your mom said. That is very heartfelt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom learned her diplomacy from my grandmother! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. I LOVE that your mom said that. And I think your cover is a great size!!! I can easily see it, and it's not at all obnoxious. Of course I might be a bit biased since I know who designed your cover for you. Hee-hee!
    I hope you have a great weekend too, Angela!
    -Lani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lani, your "thumbs up" means a lot. Please pass on to the cover's designer that over the year since the book's release, I've gotten more compliments on the cover than I can count. Thanks, Lani, for visiting today!

      Delete
  3. Angela,
    I checked out the image on your author's page and it looked fine. Mom's are great, aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nick, I appreciate that you're weighing in on the issue. I'm so grateful that you stopped by today!

      Delete
  4. Mothers are wonderful. I still have trouble with this technology. I need to get to work on my web site but the thought of dealing with and learning another program makes me cringe. Your blog is really coming around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I flipped through the pictures and everything is working. Congratulations.

      Delete
    2. I appreciate your compliments on my blog site. You and I, Friend, both cringe at the word "technology," but I know I'm in good company (smile!). Thanks for stopping by today.

      Delete
  5. Mom's are right. Most of the time. And if their opinion comes with chocolate pudding cake, they're most definitely right. I think your cover is the right size. See all that blank space to the right of it? It fits in there perfectly. Now if it used up all the space, we might have to do some "advanced" tweeking and I'd have to send you more detailed instructions. Yikes!!!

    I worked on my new website today and somehow deleted my "static" page that shows up when you open my website. I was in a sheer panic. Thank goodness for techie friends who love this stuff. We talked over the phone after she laid her son down for his nap and she had me up and running in no time. Usually I just stumble and fumble until the answer presents itself to me, but the complete loss of the page was beyond what my nerves could handle at the time. LOL

    Your site looks great and thanks so much for the kind words about TUMBLWEED LETTERS. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vonnie, for stopping by! I appreciate your speedy and kind attention whenever I send a screaming email with "technological difficulties" in the subject line.

      Delete
  6. Your Mom rocks Angela, and I love the cover..in fact I bought a copy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words...and for buying Magic Moment!

      Delete