Sunday, February 16, 2014

What to do on a snowy day...











In Philadelphia, and over much of the east coast, we've been housebound since Thursday, looking out the window at snow, and cleaning up after it. Not the brushy, fluffy kind. But the heavy, burdensome stuff. At times the snow has been mixed with ice and rain which made sweeping and shoveling a "challenge."

This winter season, we've had too many snow storms with winter advisories, watches, and warnings. Although the warnings are for our safety, the news does get weary and tiresome after a while.

While stuck inside, I try and make the best of my indoor time. I work on future blog posts, channel surf on the television, catch up on reading book review newsletters/blogs, and continue working on my WIP.

I welcome your comments on how you spend a "snow day." I'm always open for suggestions on how to pass the next one (which, hopefully, won't be until next winter!).

Have a good week, Everyone! Stay warm, and stay safe!!





                                                                                     


                                                    photo c/o RGBStock.com






15 comments:

  1. I do feel for you people in the north with the bitter weather. While I lived in Finland and Switzerland I had my share of cold, ice, snow and sleet. Nowadays I make my home in Florida so I don't have those problems :) If you're into winter sports the Olympic games in Sochi might help you pass the time. Stay warm, stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only sport I enjoy, Rayne, is baseball. Which by the way, the Phillies are now down your way in Clearwater, Florida for Spring training! Thanks for visiting today!!

      Delete
  2. Had lunch in Cherry Hill at Brio with friends yesterday, then we visited a few local taverns for drinks and camaraderie. It was nice being put and about. Reading Doctor Sleep by Stephen King. A sequel to The Shining. Considering Phillies home opener on April 7.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you were able to get out and about yesterday. "The Shining" is one of my favorite Stephen King books. April 7th can't come soon enough! Thanks so much for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Wondering why your blog is on Pacific Standard Time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never was able to figure that out!

      Delete
    2. I think you can change it under settings.

      Delete
  4. Movies, read-a-thon and baking are how I survive snow days. I love the ones that keep everyone home especially my hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Several of my colleagues who have children have said that they enjoy baking on snow days. Thanks for visiting, and passing on the tip about "settings." Have a great week!

      Delete
  5. Even school is cancelled. I clean out closets. When the weather is nice there is too much to do to clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister thinks like you, Morgan. She found things in boxes she didn't even know she had! Thanks for visiting. Have a great week!!

      Delete
  6. Well, I live in Montana and the only time the schools ever close are when it gets too cold, which is 30 below zero apparently. It only dropped to -22, so the kids were stuck in school. However, the university here had to shut down for a day, because they didn't have enough propane to heat the campus. Weird. So although there's been a lot more snow here than usual, we're still not technically snowed in, so we have run around in this ickiness. And that means a lot of shoveling, pushing cars out of drifts, and trying to keep the house warm by baking a lot and adding more wood to the fire. It keeps a girl busy, that's for sure!
    -Lani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't even begin to think about what it would be like to have to push a car out of a snow drift. I am ready for springtime. Thanks for stopping by, Lani!

      Delete
  7. Hi, Angela-we just finished a very cold stretch with bits of ice, rain, sleet, and snow tossed in. I dress warm, toss a lap blanket over my legs while stretched out on the couch, watch a good movie (usually an oldie), and do needlepoint or read. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You do needlepoint, and my sister crochets. She told me that over these past four days she's gotten almost an entire bedspread completed. Thanks for sharing, Vicki.

      Delete