Sunday, January 5, 2014

The After-The-Holidays Blues...


We’re finished with "the Holidays" – Thanksgiving, the 8 days of Hanukkah, Christmas, the 7 days of Kwanzaa, and New Year’s!


 
 
I love the Holiday season. The city streets are bright with decorations and twinkling lights, folks riding the bus always appear to smile more, and there’s the hope that there really will be “peace on earth, goodwill toward men” …(and women, children, and animals too). But once the Holidays are over and we get back to our routines, all of the "holiday spirit" seems to disappear. So, I’m always a bit sad while I make my way through the early days of January. 

Plus, it snowed this week…(and I’ve said many times -- the only way I like my snow is on a Holiday card). I'm now counting the days until Spring. Is there anyone else out there, besides me, who always feels a little sad once the Holiday season has ended?





                                                      (photo c/o morgue.file.com)

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I'm relieved when the holiday season is over, since driving around town isn't nearly as crazy. But mostly, yes, I get a bit bummed it's over. I hate seeing the Christmas tree without any ornaments or lights. That truly makes me sad. Plus it seems that people aren't in such a festive mood. Funny, isn't that?
    -Lani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy walking through the streets and looking at the lights. When I was a child, that was an activity I enjoyed with my mom and grandmother. Thanks for visiting, Lani!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Angela! I'm sad. I think partly because we lost the 5th week this year. Everything was so rush-rush. And I was out of town; so when I returned after New Years's, I was like so we have to put all of this back in the boxes. A big frownie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did feel that the season came and went before we even had the chance to say "holiday season." Thanks, Vicki, for stopping by!

      Delete