Sunday, November 3, 2013

"Stop and Appreciate the Autumn Leaves..."

Earlier this week I as walking through one of the many beautiful parks we have in Philadelphia and took a good look at the leaves on the trees. Although I pass by these same trees almost every day, I was amazed this particular day by the spectacular colors -- crimson red, brilliant orange, dazzling gold. I turned to my colleague and said, "Look at these leaves...how gorgeous they are today. I love Fall."



 
My colleague and I continued our baseball conversation as we strolled, and when we arrived at the end of the park's walkway, we waved "bye." She went in one direction for the train home to the suburbs. I went in another to catch a city transit bus. While standing at the bus stop, I started making a list of all the things I enjoy about the Fall season besides the colorful leaves. I love the crisp weather...all the flea markets I attend, the pumpkin spice coffee that I probably drink too much of, the pumpkin muffins that I know I eat too many of, the adorable, smiling scarecrows decorating my front windows. These are modest items. They made me think about how often I don't stop and just appreciate the simple things around us.

I'm sure there are others like me...who don't take a few minutes and appreciate the simple joys out there. So, right now can you take a few seconds to marvel at and enjoy something simple? Like the pumpkin spice coffee I'm sipping right now...

We had two stops on this week's Magic Moment First Anniversary Celebration Tour, "Nana Prah's BlogSpot" and "Sharing Links and Wisdom."  Comment for a chance to win your choice of a $25 gift card to your choice of Starbucks or Barnes and Noble.

Visit, http://nanaprah.blogspot.com/2013/10/interview-angela-adams-author-of-magic.html?showComment=1382955510503#c6949298175636773536

and http://sharinglinksandwisdom.blogspot.com/2013/10/magic-moment-vbt.html#comment-form



 
Tomorrow's stop is "Words of Wisdom From the Scarf Princess." Look forward to seeing you all!

Visit, http://wowfromthescarfprincess.blogspot.com/

Have a great week!





                                                                           ("Autumn Leaves" photo c/o office.microsoft.com)

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Angela! As a kid, I loved fallen leaves. We'd rake them into huge piles and jump away. Even hid a sister in one. The sky is blue, the air is crisp. Perfect walking/running weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that Halloween is over, we turn our attention to Thanksgiving. Thanks for visiting today.

      Delete
  2. My daughter took me to Starbucks when I visited her in Houston over Halloween and this past weekend, and she had pumpkin spiced coffee. I declined anything, but then she talked me into peppermint mocha, also something they have only during the holidays. I'm soooo hooked!!!!

    We don't have a lot of fall colors in Central Texas, and I miss that from when I lived in NJ and Wisconsin, beautiful, surreal! But another reason I dropped by, Angela, is to let you know you won an autographed ARC of Silence of the Wolf. Merry Christmas early! Just email me your address and I'll try to send it out soonest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow! Thank you, Terry!! I'll get my "reading" email out to you!!!

      Delete