Sunday, November 24, 2013

Being Thankful





When I was in high school, I remember reading that the idea of the Thanksgiving Holiday originated as a day to give “thanks” for the previous year’s harvest. That image has certainly evolved over the years.
This week I was in the library while the Children’s Librarian read a Thanksgiving book to a group of preschoolers. When she was finished the story, she asked each child what he or she was thankful for. Some of the answers included, “Mommy and Daddy...” “my dog...” “pumpkin pie...“that book you read...” (my favorite!)



To all of you who follow this blog…leave comments…check out my Facebook page and Google+...send me emails, "Thank you!"

I'm grateful to everyone who followed "Magic Moment's First Anniversary Celebration Tour." Our last stop was this past Monday at "The Reading Addict." Although I've picked the gift card winner, you can still check out the post. As soon as I receive a reply to my email, I'll post the winner's name on my Facebook page and Google+. Much appreciation for the folks at "The Reading Addict" for hosting. Visit, http://thereadingaddict-elf.blogspot.com/2013/11/magic-moment-spotlight-and-giveaway.html#comment-form

Also, many thanks to Robin at "Romancing the Book," for taking the time to read and review "Magic Moment." For a peak at the review and the "Romancing the Book" website, http://romancing-the-book.com/2013/11/review-magic-moment-by-angela-adams.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=review-magic-moment-by-angela-adams

Finally, best wishes to all of you for a safe and happy holiday.



Until next week...

                                “Happy Thanksgiving!”


                                                                                     (photos c/o office.microsoft.com)

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Angela!!! I hope you enjoy wonderful food, wonderful company, and have a wonderful day!
    -Lani

    ReplyDelete