Sunday, August 25, 2013

What Are You Reading?

I promised myself that I would make a dent in my "To Be Read" (TBR) list during the upcoming week. I thought I'd share with you what I'll be reading.



San Diego or Bust by Vicki Batman (released March 19, 2013)
 
 
 
When a young woman plans a romantic getaway with her boyfriend, disaster strikes, and she soon finds her Mr. Right might not be the right Mr. Right.

http://www.amazon.com/San-Diego-or-Bust-ebook/dp/B00BXNNO2Y/ref=pd_rhf_dp_p_img_1_G7W9


Rancher to the Rescue by Jennifer Faye (released July 1, 2013)






Jilted at the altar, celebrity chef Meghan Finnegan flees the scene--and the baying press--only to run straight into the muscled torso of Cash Sullivan.

The former rodeo champion knows what it’s like to have your life crumble in the spotlight, so he offers Meghan a place to lie low at his ranch.

Fresh air, no paparazzi and the brooding rancher's lazy smile are making Meghan not want to leave her sanctuary. But she and her unborn baby can't stay here forever...can they?


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0373742517/ref=s9_psimh_gw_p14_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=13X5NV2FN8W8KXT0V647&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1389517282&pf_rd_i=507846


Seeking Shelter by Morgan K. Wyatt (released August 1, 2013)






Megan’s goal of being a loving wife ended the same time her husband, Jason, tried to choke the life out of her. She flees the scene with her young children with the help of the police and her neighbor. Heading back to her home state, she realizes Jason will follow and terrorize anyone who gets between them.

 
Megan becomes Elaine. She changes her appearance along with her name to escape her vengeful spouse. With the help of new friends at the women’s shelter, she pieces together the broken shards of her life. Megan finds the strength to trust and love again when she meets soft-spoken Kevin. He supports Megan’s transformation from abused wife to confident woman. Life is full of potential with her new place, love and career, but Jason looms like a dark cloud. Unfortunately, Jason is not a big fan of happy endings, especially hers.


http://www.amazon.com/Seeking-Shelter-ebook/dp/B00ECDL2QM/ref=sr_1_2?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1377173178&sr=1-2&keywords=seeking+shelter


Any books on your "To Be Read" list that you would like to share? Please let us know. 

Have a great week, and happy reading!

11 comments:

  1. They all sound great! You have some great reading ahead of you. ;-)

    My next book to read is Linda Warren's A TEXAS HERO. I just have to find time to get in some reading. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here, in Philly, the sun is out and there's a cool breeze. Perfect day to sit out back and read. Thanks for stopping by, Jennifer!

      Delete
  2. Hi, Angela! It's totally awesome to see San Diego or Bust onyour list. When I explained to my friend how it is written, she said, "Oh, that's Hangover style." And it is and does work.

    I'm reading for book club Cutting for Stone. And it is looonnnggg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Can't wait to get to it. And, as I told Jennifer, today in Philly is the perfect day for reading. Thanks, Vicki, for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Kristan Higgins was one of the speakers at the National Romance Writers of America Conference this July in Atlanta. Two of her books were left on our chair when we went to lunch, “Too Good to be True” and “The Best Man.” She was such an amusing speaker so I decided to read the books. Loved them and now look for others that she's written. I have two more I’m looking forward to reading, "My One and Only" and "Fools Rush In." Although I share my books with a buddy in work, I’ve told her I want all my Kristan Higgins books back.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it comes to "sharing" books, if it's a book I want to keep the only person I'll share with is my mother (and, my grandmother when she was with us). Back in my elementary school days, I loaned a book with someone and she lost it. That was the end of lending anyone books.

      Thanks, Marion, for sharing your thoughts with us!

      Delete
  4. Hi Angela,
    Glad to be on the list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, I'm glad to have your book on my list, Morgan. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I'm definitely looking into San Diego or Bust by Vicki Batman! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by, Niecey. Have a great week!

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed "Seeking Shelter" ... http://www.teenaintoronto.com/2013/10/book-seeking-shelter-2013-morgan-k-wyatt.html

    ReplyDelete