Sunday, February 24, 2013

“Thank You” to Those Who Review

I received two pleasant, and totally unexpected surprises, on Thursday.  When I clicked on my email account, I found an email from Carole at “The Romance Reviews.”  She was letting me know that Magic Moment was the featured review that day and had given me the link.

That was my first surprise. 

My second surprise was that Tiffy, who had written the review, had given the book four out of five stars!
On Friday morning, I started thinking about all the folks out there who write the reviews we read on blogs and e-newsletters.  Each day I receive anywhere from 30 to 40 emails from book review blogs, and I’m sure there are probably hundreds more out there that I haven’t seen, let alone filled out a subscription request.  

Often, as authors and perhaps readers, we forget that the writers of those reviews are volunteers.  They read books and write reviews for no other reason than they love books.  Their only compensation is the book they've read.  

So, a big, heartfelt “thank you” and kudos to all of you volunteer reviewers out there for offering your time to read, to write…and, to post.

If you’re interested in reading Magic Moment’s latest review, here’s the link –
 
 

10 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for all the reviews I get, even the bad ones which give me pause. At least my book affected them. All we can ask as a writer is that our books touch our readers. We hope it's for the best but I'd be fooling myself if I thought everyone was going to like my books. It's just not possible. So thank you reviewers, all of you, for the wonderful and not so wonderful reviews that you've given my books. I appreciate every one of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Cindy,

      You touch on a great point. Even if a reviewer wasn't happy with the book, the consideration and time given are still appreciated. Thank you for checking out my blog.

      Delete
  2. I agree with Cindy about reviews. I'm thankful for all of them, even the lower ones because they give authors information about their work. But I especially like the ones where the reader says "I loved it." Nothing encourages me to write more than when I see those words. Thanks for a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sandy,

      Reviews give us the "good" which has us smiling, and sometimes the "bad," which helps us grow as authors. I had a college professor who once said, "there's nothing wrong with criticism as long as it's polite and constructive." Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  3. My first book will be out late this summer and so I'm starting to think more about how it will be received. I've learned so much from the writers ahead of me about this journey and how to remain professional at all times. This post is just another reminder about being professional and full of gratitude. Thanks, Angela! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Misty,

      That's one of the great rewards of being a member of our RWA chapter, From The Heart Romance Writers -- how we learn from each other, and support one another. Thank you for checking out my blog post and commenting.

      Delete
  4. It's always a blessing to have another person 'push' our books! I thank both you and Vonnie Davis for your reviews. But it's also important to thank all my writer friends who have let me talk about my books on their blogs. It's amazing how generous everyone is with their praise and their time! Makes me want to write more reviews, myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Rolynn,

      You're very welcome for the reviews. And, you know how much I love that dog! Thanks for stopping by, reading my post and commenting.

      Delete
  5. Great review on your book. Congratulations.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Marion,

      Yes, Tiffy at The Romance Reviews was very generous and considerate with her comments. I'm grateful to her -- and to you for taking the time to read and comment. Thanks!

      Delete