Sunday, January 6, 2013

For Readers Who Like Their Victorian Era With Spice

I just finished reading fellow Crimson Romance author, Suzi Love's December release, The Viscount's Pleasure House.  If you are a fan of Historicials and/or Erotica, this book should be on your "to be read" list.
 
Also, Suzi puts out a daily newsletter on what's happening in the world of romance books, and authors.  I read it every morning while drinking my coffee.  If  you're interested, I've included the link down below.
 
Blurb for The Viscount's Pleasure House:

Lady Chrissie Wellsby and her two country friends research dozens of rogues before selecting the notorious Viscount Hawkesbury, owner of London’s most exclusive and expensive brothel, to educate them in erotic seduction. The ladies abandon respectability and coerce Justin Tremayne into letting them visit The Pleasure House and to teaching them the sensual tricks mistresses and prostitutes use to entertain men.

Though Justin believes three naive ladies will see the debauched romps in his themed rooms, cover their eyes and ears, and run back to their sheltered lives, he underestimates the desperation of abandoned women who imagine a wider knowledge of sex will keep the men in their lives at home, in their own beds. But despite watching several of their friends, men and women, perform raunchy acts at his brothel, the ladies insist on participating in the last of Justin’s infamous Sultan’s galas, held in numerous silk tents and outdoor bathing areas on his estate.

Justin concedes to Chrissie’s demands only to gain information about his long-lost mother and sisters, but the world-weary viscount falls head over heels in love with his emotionally bruised pupil. He yearns for a wife, children, and an uncomplicated wife, but can he convinced Chrissie to take a chance and marry again?  Because Justin never wants to leave her bed.


Excerpt:
 

Justin, Viscount Hawkesbury, stepped closer and in reaction the black-clad lady moved back. As if remembering her reasons for coming, she shook her head and moved that same pace forward. Not as close as before, yet near enough to appear fearless.

He sighed, and rubbed a fist across his aching eyes. “I’m fatigued, out of sorts, and my friends and I have business to conduct. Either join in, or leave.”

He waved towards the door, hoping she’d walk out and leave him in peace, but also hoping, ridiculously, that she’d unveil, undress, and stay. Because something about this particular woman was different. Something about her stirred his first true sexual interest in many months.

He smiled a little. “I’d still like to see a little more of you. I can’t even see the color of your hair.” He pointed towards her groin.  “Top or bottom. Here, let me unbutton you,” he said, his fingers set to work on her top button, brushing the soft skin of her nape as he did so.

She flinched and held tight to the gaping neck of her dress with clenched fists. “Please. Listen to me. I’m not seeking employment.”
 

Amazon "Buy" Link             

http://www.amazon.com/The-Viscounts-Pleasure-House-ebook/dp/B00AB3TAZM/ref=la_B00AFSU7JQ_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354519681&sr=1-1#

Glos.si Magazine                 http://bit.ly/UzcVXC

Daily Gossip Paper              http://bit.ly/11iv1Ql

web/blog                           http://bit.ly/OuEIXA


Listed above are the links to find Suzi Love.  Generally, I like to post the book cover, but for some reason Blogger's "insert image" isn't working.  And, "non-technical" me can't figure it out.  I encourage you all to click on the Amazon link for more information and to see a great looking cover.

13 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds like a fun read, and the fact that it's a historical makes it even more interesting for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Renee,

      When Crimson conceived their "Spicy" category, they had Suzi's book in mind. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Renee. I hope you love The Viscount's Pleasure House.

      And thanks to Angela for letting me visit here. I love the idea that Crimson's Spicy category was conceived with me in mind. Lovely!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like just the read for the coming cold winter months :-) Wishing you lots of look and lots of sales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi, Marie,

      Suzi's book has some really "steamy" scenes. Thanks for checking out my blog.

      Delete
    2. Marie,
      Thanks for your good wishes. I hope you love my 'steamy' book. It's essentially an historical romance, but this one has a few very hot scenes and then a happy ever after ending.
      Suzi Love

      Delete
  4. I love the story concept! And the excerpt definitely gets my interest! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Misty,

      "The Viscount's Pleasure House" is a great read! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
    2. Misty,
      I hope you get a chance to read The Viscount's Pleasure House, especially if you like your history with a touch of spice.
      Thanks for visiting.
      Suzi Love

      Delete
    3. Hi, Suzi,

      I'm so glad you let me feature your book on my blog. Thank you.

      Delete
  5. Angela,
    I'm having a wonderful time visiting with a fellow Crimson Romance author. Thanks for having me here.
    Suzi Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Suzi,

      We had great comments on your book. Best wishes, and thanks again for letting me feature "The Viscount's Pleasure House" on my blog.

      Delete