Friday, September 14, 2012

Magic Moment


One of the greatest highs an author can experience is when that acceptance letter (or in the 21st century that acceptance "email") arrives.  After years of seeing my short stories and book reviews in print, I am finally going to have a novel published. 

Magic Moment (I would love to hear comments on the cover) will be released by Crimson Romance on October 1, 2012.

Crimson Romance (http://www.crimsonromance.com) is a part of Adams Media (which is a part of F+W Media).  F+W is known for Writer’s Digest.  Adams Media's main focus was nonfiction until 2011 when they acquired Tyrus Books to publish crime fiction novels. 
My favorite Adams Media book in my personal library (a must have for any dog lover) is Puppy Miracles:  Inspirational True Stories of Our Loveable Furry Friends by Brad Steiger and Sherry Hansen Steiger.
Here's the Blurb for Magic Moment:
When the FBI brings Laura Roberts – a quiet, reserved bookkeeper– in for questioning regarding activities at the warehouse where she works, an uneasy Laura resigns her job – only to be attacked by thugs.

Chase Donovan intends to spend a few peaceful days on his boat getting his head together – and finds a woman being assaulted by two men who say his father told them to do it.

Chase doesn’t want to believe his father could hurt anyone. Laura doesn’t understand why she’s a target. Can they learn to work together to discover the truth – before someone dies?

Finally, a big "thank you" to my From the Heart Romance Writer chapter mates, Mary K. Norris and Vonnie Davis, and to Liana Laverentz.  They are always able to help me out with my "technical difficulties" (as in navigating my way around my computer). 

As we get closer to the October 1st date, I'll be posting excerpts from Magic Moment.  I hope you'll all stayed tune.

13 comments:

  1. Great cover! It sort of sells your story and should draw eyes to it. Congrats! I know that feeling - after 22 years of practicing, my first book was published three weeks ago. {)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful cover, Angela. The cover-gods smiled on you with this one :) Congratulations on your upcoming release--it sounds like a fab read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like great conflict and the cover looks super! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a super cover Angela, I've always liked Crimson's designs. Suitably suspenseful, don't you think? Plus it helps that the models are gorgeous! (how fickle of me!)

    Wishing you a wonderful launch in October, Angela, and my heartfelt congratulations!!!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Friends! This is all very exciting. I really appreciate all your support.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy for you, Angela and can't wait to read it. Absolutely love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cover, Angela! And now that I've read the blurb it just makes it that much better. Can't wait to read it when it comes out. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Emma and Mary,

    Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a peak at my book cover. I so appreciate the great comments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cover and look forward to reading the book. Best of luck.
    Marion Ekholm

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, Marion. The cover art is fantastic. Two thumbs up, and a big "thank you," to the artist.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great book - many congrats to you, Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Wendy,

    Thanks so much for checking out my blog and for your good wishes.

    ReplyDelete