Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Long and Short Reviews



The Long and Short Reviews (LASR) have published my short stories written as Angela Adams.  Although launched in August 2007, I found LASR in 2008 while doing a Google search to market one of my stories.   Back then, their free short stories appeared every Thursday and, if I remember correctly, were called the “Thrifty Thursday” short story.  

Feeling like a proud aunt, I’ve watched LASR grow from a small review site, with its weekly “PG-rated” short story, to a cluster covering all the various subgenres of romance – Eroticia, Science Fiction/Fantasy, Mystery/Suspense, and Young Adult.   My last short appeared in July 2010.  “Cracks in My Heart” told the story of Jeff, a soldier returning from war, and Susan, the woman he left behind.

Aside from the reviews and short stories, LASR also features author interviews.  This past January, I had fun being interviewed regarding my short story, “Burgers and Hot Chocolate,” which was published in the anthology, Winters Wonders.

Marianne Arkins and Judy Thomas are the creative geniuses and brains behind this fabulous website.  LASR is also a great advertising resource.  Often, when I’m looking for a book to read, I’ll browse the ads and reviews to see what looks interesting.   One of the aspects of LASR, which has earned my admiration and respect, is that it is a “snark free” review site (LASR’s word, not mine).  Reviews are honest, objective and polite. 

You can find Marianne and Judy at http://www.longandshortreviews.com
Or on Facebook at https://www.facebook/pages/The-Long-and-the-Short-of-It/99345674148

LASR's email is lasreviews@gmail.com

For archive stories and interviews http://longandshortarchives.blogspot.com

Among the many offerings, you'll find "Cracks in My Heart," (July 31, 2010) and my LASR interview (January 11, 2012).








2 comments:

  1. You've made your blog home an attractive one. Thanks for the history of LASR. I had no idea they did anything except book/short story reviews. Thanks for sharing all that information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Vonnie, for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete