Saturday, June 30, 2012

"Burgers and Hot Chocolate" and Winter Wonders


I have been so fortunate to have The Long and Short Reviews’ Marianne and Judy involved in my writing career.  Not only have they accepted my short stories and given me the opportunity to talk about my writing, they indirectly gave me the chance to have one of my stories published in an anthology.

Once or twice a week, I visit LASR and on one occasion, I happened to notice an ad for a publisher I hadn’t noticed before, Whimsical Publications.  When I clicked on Whimsical’s website, I saw that they were looking for stories with a Christmas or winter theme for an anthology set to be released in December 2011.

My story, “Burgers and Hot Chocolate” was one of nine short stories in a collection Whimsical published titled Winter Wonders.  What a fabulous feeling to open my email on that December day and see my story in an ebook (Whimsical publishes both ebooks and POD).
 
Here’s the blurb from “Burgers and Hot Chocolate” --

In the quaint, seaside village of Magic Lake Island, the community gathers for the elementary school's holiday concert.  There’s a mutual attraction between school volunteer, Theresa Reynolds, and Will Keegan, a widower with a daughter.  Since Theresa can't seem to break through Will's shyness, five-year-old Kelly Keegan devises a way to get her father and her favorite volunteer together.   

Whimsical Publications covers all genres of fiction from romance to mystery to western and more.   You can find Whimsical Publications at www.whimsicalpublications.com 


No comments:

Post a Comment